Sunday, June 19, 2011

Gotta stop!

So the KLR needed rear breaks and for that I went to Arrow Head Motorsports . I picked up some Galfer Black organic pads for the rear.



Here are some specs:

  • Great feel and modulation
  • Long-lasting and very little rotor wear
  • Good in all weather and terrain conditions
  • Overall a very versatile compound for almost every need


G1054
The 1054 compound is the workhorse of our brake pad family. It offers progressive feel and feedback and is GG rated which makes it a great overall brake pad.  Use this compound if you ride light trails or woods or "just need some good brake pads". Good for all makes and models
I wanted a compound that was close to stock and I didn't want the stintered b/c of how ruff its is on the rotors and squealing. From what I've read these pads don't get as long as life as the O.E.M brand do, but are close. There's a diverse amount of information out there on this topic so I will report back as to how they hold up on street and off-Road to help in your decision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment